Fuel costs represent the bulk of commercial fleet financing costs that companies are faced with. The costs are determined by numerous factors – here are some:
- The age of the cars in your fleet – the older your cars, the less efficient they are and the more fuel they need. To reduce your fuel costs, evaluate your fleet from the point of view of age and try to figure out how you could replace your oldest cars;
- The miles traveled – more miles covered means more fuel burned. Take a look at your routes and try to figure out whether you can make them more efficient by shortening them;
- Educate your drivers – driving style is an important factor that influences fuel efficiency. You might have drivers who have not been involved in any accident since they received their driver’s license, but that does not mean they drive in a fuel-efficient way. Analyze the data returned by the tracking devices mounted on your cars and organize trainings for your drivers to teach them driving techniques to reduce the fuel consumption of the corporate cars they drive. One of the most common fuel saving tips is to turn off the car’s engine whenever the car is standing in traffic for longer than a few seconds.
Whether you’re thinking of buying or renting new cars for your fleet, there are a lot of different options to choose from. A vehicle fleet is, of course, not meant to be just for show. Instead, it will have to comply with the standards and expectations you want to aim for, when it comes to performance, appearance, long term durability and the personal safety of your drivers.
Unless you’re buying or renting a fleet of vans or pickup trucks, there are a few great options for new cars to rent from Denver fleet management companies for your business fleet:
- The newer Ford Focus versions that came out after 2017 are some of the best cars to consider. Compact, and featuring a strong road presence, good fuel economy and plenty of advanced features, the Focus is also packed with a lot of advanced tech features for safety and comfort.
- The VW Passat is a great option as an executive vehicle that stands out due to its large wheels, practical design and impressive level of refinement. The Passat is a car that you’ll definitely want if your aim is to combine practical performance with an impressive amount of style.
- If you want something cheap, small and practical that will simply take your drivers to their destinations, consider opting for a Vauxhall Sri. This tiny vehicle is exceptionally sporty and energetic, while staying a maneuverable car and retaining a few impressive tech and luxury features that you’d only find in more expensive vehicles.
When it comes to construction equipment, you have several options: either rent, buy or lease. Out of the three, most experts will tell you that leasing is actually the best choice. But is there a clear-cut reason why? Also, what is the real difference between renting and leasing your equipment?
Now, from the start, buying your construction equipment will give you full freedom over its use. However, buying is expensive, and it won’t give you any kind of guarantee. If the equipment breaks, it’s only your responsibility to fix it or to replace it, so you won’t have anyone helping you out with that.
Renting gives you more flexibility, although it’s still much more expensive than a lease. You will need to take a careful look at rental payments and compare them to find the best prices. Moreover, you’ll also have to take into the account how easily available the equipment will be at any given time, and the fact that it might not even be available on the week you need it most – because of high demand.
Leasing through Colorado vehicle leasing companies is the best option because it’s a very cheap and versatile one. Leasing combines many of the benefits of buying and renting, since it frees up capital, doesn’t require the use of credit lines, and makes it easier for you to skip payments on slower months. Also, it’s important to note that getting an operating lease will also free you up from having to do any maintenance or pay any taxes on the equipment you lease.
If you need a new car for your business, you may find different paying options from fleet management companies: down payment, making a loan, or leasing it. Down payment is expensive even for most businesses, but leasing is more and more popular, because it provides numerous advantages that are hard to be overlooked.
• Affordable interests – This is one of the main advantages of leasing a car and the reason why many people and businesses choose this option to buy a car.
• Unlike in the case of making a loan, leasing the car gives you the opportunity to negotiate.
• Buying a car in leasing is a much easier process than getting a loan, which is definitely an advantage, considering that businesses cannot really afford to wait. Time is money and waiting may become synonym with downtime.
• Low monthly rates – Leasing deals are personalized and, depending on your income and needs, you can set a monthly affordable rate.
• You benefit from advantageous offers – There are many leasing companies that offer customers different benefits for leasing a car. For example, exemption from the payment of some fees, free repairs etc.
• You can even find used cars in excellent condition that you can purchase in leasing.